existing student?

Adelaide Restaurant Fined After Repeated Breaches

The Imperial Peking restaurant at Saint Peters in Adelaide was closed for a period of eight days in December 2012 following repeated warnings over breaches of hygiene in its kitchen.

Health authorities had visited the establishment a total of twelve times between 2006 and 2013. On each occasion warning notices were served.

Adelaide Magistrates Court heard that cockroach and rodent droppings had been found in the kitchen and food was not being stored safely. In addition to this, raw chicken was stored on top of cooked food and other goods were not refrigerated when they should have been.

Prosecutor Paul Kelly said that the failures included insufficient training of staff in hygiene procedures. He said it was debatable if the company was at all remorseful as they had put up a sign saying 'restaurant closed due to gas leak' when it had actually been closed for food safety breaches.

The business is now sending its staff for food hygiene training.

The prosecutor fined the company, its cook manager and one of its directors a total of $104,000 plus costs for the breaches.

From : ABC News, 12 February 2014