existing student?

Australian State & Territory RSA Requirements

The RSA Certificate is the Responsible Service of Alcohol which you will need if you want to work in a bar or serving alcohol.

Please read the requirements for each state or territory as they differ throughout Australia.

New South Wales


A Liquor Administration Board (LAB) approved certificate is the only one accepted in NSW.

For class details go to:
  • Tweed Heads: www.cftqld.com.au or call 07 5520 0390 or 1300 775 655
  • Other areas call our office 1300 775 655



Nationally-recognised RSA online training is NOT accepted in Victoria:

The RSA certificate approved by the director of Liquor Licensing is only available through in-class training only. Contact CFT on 1300 665 633 for details of RSA classes.



Queensland State Government moved on 1 July, 2013 from OLGR RSA and RSG training course certificates to the commonwealth national statement of attainment certificates.


As from July 1 2013 all current OLGR  RSA and RSG certificates will continue to be recognised as acceptable evidence of training for a three year transitional period from date of issue.


Once a statement of attainment has been granted, neither the Liquor Act nor the Gaming Machine Act will require renewal of training. There will no longer be a need to do a RSA or RSG bridging course.



Nationally-recognised RSA online training is NOT accepted in ACT.

South Australia


Nationally Recognised Certificate is accepted in South Australia. 

Available on our website

West Australia


Nationally Recognised Certificate is accepted in the Western Australia.

Available on our website

Northern Territory


Nationally Recognised Certificate is accepted in the Northern Territory

Available on our website



Nationally Recognised RSA Online training is NOT accepted in Tasmania. Click on the link on the left to find a suitable course.