CLO's play a vital role at venues in that they are able to assist in minimising gambling-related harm. For this reason it is important for gaming venues to have customer liaison officers on-site and available to help your patrons.
In addition, having a CLO on-site enhances a venue's reputation within the local community in that it illustrates that the venue is creating a safe, socially responsible and supportive gaming environment.
The Queensland Responsible Gaming Code of Practice states that a customer liaison officer should :
- Be available at all times during approved opening hours
- Ensure that gambling information is displayed and provided to both customers and staff who identify themselves as having gambling-related problems and to deal with such matters with sensitivity and confidentiality
- Provide support and training to staff so that they may provide assistance to customers that they have identified as having gambling-related problems
- Keep accurate and up to date records of training that venue staff have attended and completed
- Ensure that both staff and management are informed on gambling-related issues
- Where the opportunity arises, seek to develop a network with local community groups
- Handle all gambling-related complaints (whether referred by staff or the public) in accordance with venue procedures including advising the complainant of any outcome
CFT QLD offers online CLO training!
Source : QLD Government website