The Queensland Government is introducing the Adult Proof of Age card.
Currently the 18+ card costs $25.65. The Adult Proof of Age Card is a more secure, more durable and more credible replacement for Card 18+, a five year Adult Proof of Age card will cost $35.80 when it is introduced.
The Adult Proof of Age Card will provide proof of age for Queenslanders 18 years of age and older. It is ideal for people who do not drive.
All current Card 18+ products will still be recognised and moving to the new card is optional. However, new cards will be given to all new Adult Proof of Age Card applicants.
New features and processes
The cards will have various visual and technological security features to ensure they will be extremely difficult to tamper with or duplicate. These security features will also make it easier to identify forgeries.
Key security features include:
- digital photo and signature
- computer chip that securely stores product and personal information
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) stored on the card’s chip
- a variety of visual and technological security features, such as holograms and special inks
- Personal Identification Number (PIN) – a security feature to help prevent unauthorised use of your card and to allow you to transact online with Transport and Main Roads, in the future
- shared secrets – answers to two questions from a list of security questions that will allow you to transact online with Transport and Main Roads, in the future.
As with the current Card 18+, the Adult Proof of Age Card will not contain the cardholder’s address details.
Pictures of these new cards have been included in the CFT OLGR RSA / RSG courseware.