existing student?

Eggs to blame for food poisoning?

Salmonella poisoning at the Burleigh Bears Leagues Club is being investigated after one person was hospitalised after eating a ceasar salad at the club around three weeks ago.

Another two patrons suffered a bad bout of food poisoning as a result. The salmonella infection is believed to have come from the eggs in the salad.

Ian Amos, the club’s general manager said that the tests performed by Queensland Health all came back clear of salmonella, or any other problem in all ingredients that were tested.

The Health department could not find any issues with the eggs, and the club has not recently changed its supplier.

The staff were shown how to safely prepare eggs and how to best crack them to avoid cross contamination.

From: Gold Coast Bulletin 18th August 2012.

Do you want to know how to safely prepare food to prevent cross contamination? Complete one of CFT QLD’s flexible food handlers training courses, or go one step further and undertake your Food Safety Supervisor Training. You can complete our training online, by correspondence or we can come onsite for groups. Contact one of our friendly staff today on 1300 775 155