existing student?

Latest News

  • Deadly mushrooms not Woolies

    Reports yesterday that death cap mushrooms purchased from a Woolworths store in Dickson caused severe food poisoning in a Canberra family have proved unfounded.

  • Suspected mushroom poisoning in ACT

    ACT Health is investigating after three patients from the one household ended up in the Canberra Calvary hospital after eating mushrooms purchased from a Woolworths supermarket. The family claim to have been affected by the mushrooms that were purchased on April 17 from the store in the suburb of Dickson.

  • Rodent droppings in Adelaide Bakery

    Rodent droppings, together with insects, have been found in the batters of an Adelaide bakery and are among more than 100 alleged breaches of food safety standards being brought against them.

  • Avoid Barbie Belly over ANZAC Day long weekend

    In order to ensure food safety this ANZAC Day as well as in the warmer seasons, NSW Minsters for Primary Industries Katrina Hodgkinson, reminds us that “As temperature rises, so does your risk of food poisoning.”
    Ms Hodgkinson continues to say that “Food poisoning affects approximately 5.4 million Australians each year,” with a rise being shown to be in the warmer temperatures.

  • Queensland unveils liquor action plan

    Alcohol and drug related violence has been tackled by the Newman Government’s regulatory package and has said to be “the most comprehensive and well thought out plan seen in Australia”, according to the Valley Liquor Accord (VLA).

  • Changes to Food Safety Supervisor law streamlines process for business owners

    Local food service businesses who haven’t yet trained someone in their business as a Food Safety Supervisor (FSS) are being reminded to do so.

    NSW Food Authority CEO, Polly Bennett, has sent a reminder to local food service businesses, including restaurants, cafes, pubs and clubs, covered by this program need to make it a priority as it is a legal requirement to do so.

  • Washing hands well, food safety go hand in hand

    A reminder of the importance of correct hand washing has been sent out by NSW Minister, Katrina Hodgkinson, for Primary industries in order to reduce the risk of food poisoning and foodborne illness.

  • Melbourne Restaurant ordered to shut due to cockroach infestation

    The temporary shutdown of Southbank restaurant and bar has been ordered by the CEO of Melbourne City due to its appalling conditions which had led to an infestation of cockroaches.

  • Recalls

    NSW Food Authority advises the following products have been recalled:

    The Original Smoke and Spice Company has recalled its Smoked Sea Salt/Gourmet Seasoning sold direct to consumers due to the presence of an undeclared allergen (soy)
    Consumers can return the product to the place of purchase or contact the importer or company for a full refund.

  • Unsavoury practices revealed by food checks

    In the past 6 years nearly 300 greengrocers, delis and supermarkets have been slapped with fines for bugs, rodents, filth and expired food according to data from the NSW Food Authority.