existing student?

Mass food poisoning at leagues club

11th December, 2015

The Jasmine Chinese restaurant in the Wenty Leagues Club in Wentworthville, Western Sydney, is allegedly at the centre of a food poisoning outbreak.

After dining at the Jasmine Restaurant on 23 September, 2015 almost 35 patrons (including 10 children) fell ill. Of these three diners were sent to hospital which included two children and an adult that tested positive for salmonella.

Wenty Leagues chief executive Mark Sheridan told the local newspaper that the incident was being managed by the NSW food authority.

“All inspections have been passed to the satisfaction of council and the food authority so the Jasmine Restaurant continues to trade.” A spokesperson for the NSW Food Authority however confirmed that an investigation was still ongoing.

“A Prohibition Order relating to the sale of certain food products at the premises was issued by the NSW Food Authority and remains in place,” they said.

 

Source  :  2 December, 2015