A major overhaul of Queensland's drinking culture will be spearheaded by a massive police blitz on new designated pub club zones across the state.
The Bligh Government's response to the year-long inquiry into alcohol-fuelled violence will also allow police to exclude troublemakers from so-called Drink Safe Precincts, where partygoers will enjoy new special safe zones............
- Drink Safe Precincts to be introduced in Fortitude Valley, Surfers Paradise and Townsville
- Precincts to have safe zones for people who have had too much to drink, or are experiencing harassment or violence
- Police numbers in the precincts to be boosted by 39%
- Troublemakers to be banned from precincts
- Pubs and clubs forced to offer free drinking water to patrons
Source: The Sunday Mail page 4 August 29 2010 to read RSA article in full click on attachments.
You can complete your QLD OLGR Approved Responsible Service of Alcohol Course online today with CFT QLD. Our course is 100% online and is iphone, ipad, mac, pc and smartphone compatible. Complete your training anywhere, anytime today!