existing student?

Smallgoods maker in SA breached food standards eight times

Conroy's, smallgoods makers in SA, and its two directors are facing maximum fines of $200,000 following alleged breaches of the South Australian food safety code a total of eight times within a three month period.

The company has yet to enter pleas to the eight alleged breaches which are conditions upon which it is accredited under the Primary Produce (Food Safety Schemes) Act (2004). Both the company's two directors, Peter and Patrick Conroy, and the company itself have been charged with breaches.

The case was adjourned until next month by the Deputy Chief Magistrate.

Conroy's smallgoods were removed from shelves in late 2005 as the result of a listeria outbreak in which a gentleman, Richard Formosa, died in the Royal Adelaide Hospital as a direct result of ingesting infected products from Conroy's smallgoods. In 2012 Mr Formosa's family received $200,000 compensation.

 

From: The Advertiser, November 18 2013