existing student?

Suspected mushroom poisoning in ACT

ACT Health is investigating after three patients from the one household ended up in the Canberra Calvary hospital after eating mushrooms purchased from a Woolworths supermarket. The family claim to have been affected by the mushrooms that were purchased on April 17 from the store in the suburb of Dickson.

"This appears to be an isolated incident and there have been no other recent reports of death cap mushroom poisoning in the ACT," the territory's chief health officer Dr Paul Kelly said.

It was recommended that anyone who had purchased any mushrooms from Woolworths in Dickson around that time throw them out as a precaution.

In 2012 in Canberra a man and woman died and two others suffered severe food poisoning after ingesting a meal that contained death cap mushrooms.

 

From : Gold Coast Bulletin, 28th April 2014