Mother of 5, Karen Macaulay, was rushed to hospital and hooked up to a drip for 5 days after buying a sushi lunch from a suburban food court.
"I felt like I was going to die" she says.
Mrs Macauley was only one of dozens hit by food poisoning after eating spoiled food from Sushiman Box Hill in January last year.
'Nicole', 18, was another victim. She claims the food poisoning made her existing health problems were made much worse and she was had to be admitted to intensive care. In her statement, she states that she had to have speech therapy, physiotherapy, and hand therapy to regain good health, and now has to rely on her mother for bathing, transport and most other needs.
Another diner 'Margret' was ill for up to a month after the vomiting stopped and was her diet consisted of only yoghurt, frozen berries and white bread. A walk to the clothesline left her exhausted.
When the outbreak occurred, Sushiman only one staff member trained in food handling, who was away during the outbreak.
Below is the Herald Sun's Tips for Safe Dining... You don't want this to happen to you.